Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tagged Again...

Thanks Laura...Your making me rack my brain today :)

1. If every job paid $50,000 a year, and you had no physical or mental limitations, what would you do? I think at this point in my life I would teach. I'm not sure if teaching is my calling or not (though some say I DID miss my calling :))....but, being that I have a child that is on the brink of going to school...I would really love to have a Teacher's schedule. Summer and ALL Holidays off would be really nice.

2. What is your current church calling and what do you like about it? Right now, I work in the nursery at Grace Community. Actually I am starting this month working with the 2 year olds :) Though I only do it once a month, I really enjoy it. It is certainly not something I would have done prior to having a baby. Now, I feel more comfortable being with children...before Chloe, the thought scared me to death :)

3. Name a person you regularly encounter (outside your family) who brightens your day. I would have to say my Best Friend Brittnye. We spend a lot of time together and are the exact same person. I feel like she gets me...there is no drama or stress with our friendship, which is a quality I love about it. Relaxed and Natural...you can't get better than that. Plus, she has great advice. Unfortunately, we don't get to see each other as much because we are 30 minutes away from each other, but we do the best that we can!

4. In twenty years, what do you think you will miss most about your life now? I feel the same as Laura; I think I will miss Chloe being little and in the house. In twenty years, I imagine she will be graduating from college and starting her REAL adult life. It is hard to cherish the moments now because they seem so stressful, but they are going by so fast. Makes you think...slow down and take it in!!!!

5. What’s something you appreciate about your spouse? I really appreciate the fact that Blake is patient with me (for the most part). I take out a lot of my stress on him whether it is from work / Chloe / house stuff / bills, etc...most people would not put up with that (at least for the long haul). I know for me, it is hard to be patient with it all sometimes.

6. What is your favorite routine, household chore? Anyone who knows me, knows that I love all household chores. I'm kind of OCD. Give me a few hours by myself to clean, and I'm in hog heaven.

7. What’s a book you return to occasionally (besides the scriptures)? I don't really return to any book in particular. I'm a new reader...I've read a couple of good books in the last few months. Right now, I'm reading the Friday Night Knitting Club. It seems to be good so far.

8. Favorite small pleasure? Taking a Nap (especially on Sundays)

9. Favorite time of the day? 5 o'clock BABY :)

10. Name a person who performed what they thought was a small act of service, but ended up being a big deal to you. Well, it is hard for me to think way far back, but this past weekend Blake's Mom, Sandy, helped me out a ton. Saturday was Chloe's 2nd Birthday, and I had so much to do. She called me that morning and asked if there was anything she could help me do. I told her I had it under control....of course, I did not, but I did not want to burden anyone. Well, needless to say, I was overwhelmed, so I called Sandy and she went to pick up all the food and the cake for the party. It made my morning run much more smoothly and the party went on with out a hitch! Thanks Grandy :)

11. Name someone who somehow changed your life. Well, my first answer is Blake for all the obvious reasons...I love you honey :) I would have to say that Chloe has transformed my life too. When I found out I was pregnant, I was NOT ready AT ALL. The day I found out, I cried my eyes out for a long, long time. Well, I did everything to prepare for her arrival (as all mother's do), but I was never sure about everything that was going on. For those of you who know me, I had a super hard time the first few months after she was born. I look back on those days and regret not taking in every moment, because now, she is the JOY of my life and I don't really remember why it was so hard back then. I just adore her and am so thankful that God gave her to Blake and I. She is perfect in every way, and I can't wait to find out who she will become (okay, this got a little sappy...sorry!!).

12. Consider what you do each day. Think of one attribute or trait that you bring to your daily work that is a strength—what is something you do really well? Ummm...I'm not sure what I do good. I guess marking off things on my to-do-list...which is never ending (I mean really, never ending :))! I try to take one task at a time. Sometimes it is not easy / sometimes nothing gets done / sometimes it all gets done--Depends on the day!

I tag Mrs. Shelby Silvey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment