Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"

Last night, we decided it would be prime time to carve pumpkins! I stopped at our local Walgreen's and got a kid appropriate carving kit. Right after dinner, we got started. I have to say, it has been YEARS since I have carved a pumpkin. Anyway, I had forgotten about all the fun stuff that comes with it...mostly, the 'guts' inside of the pumpkin. Blake did most of the carving and I did most of the 'gutting.' Chloe pretty much supervised. She colored the stencils with a blue crayon...it was a big help :) At the end of the night, we had 3 boo-tiful pumpkins: a Ghost, a Scary Kitty Cat, and a Skeleton! Fun times!

The beginning stages:

The carving begins:

The Ghost and Kitty:

Chloe is very proud of her pumpkin that her Daddy carved for her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment