Friday, October 29, 2010

October 17th, 2010...

Carter's BIRTH-day

We started this particular Sunday knowing we were going to have a special arrival later in the day.  My C-Section was scheduled for 3pm so, knowing this, we headed to Chloe's favorite restaurant--Cracker Barrel for my last meal before my surgery.  We headed out bright and early because I couldn't eat anything after 8 am.  I really enjoyed getting to spend those last few moments as a family of 3!
39 weeks 2 days
I had to be at the hospital by 1 pm to check in so we dropped the Big Sister off at my Mom's house to hang out before they headed to the hospital.  It was bitter sweet.  We got her a few 'treats' that we gave her before we headed on over.  She had been asking for a pillow pet for a while so I finally gave in!
Once I got to the hospital and checked in...things started rolling pretty fast.  Dr. Anderson asked if we could move the surgery up a bit because he was free...I agreed as long as Chloe was able to visit in time!  Wouldn't you know...as soon as we made the call not 2 or 3 minutes later everyone was there to wish us luck.  Chloe was a little intimidated of the wires and the hospital bed...I'm sure she had no idea what to expect so it probably seemed way worse than it was!
Getting Ready!
Needless to say, just after 1 hour and 59 minutes, little Carter Blake made his grand debut.  My surgery went off with out a hitch and the end result was a beautiful little boy.  We really couldn't be more proud.  As my previous post showed, he weighed 8lbs and 6ozs at birth and was 21 inches long (heavier than Chloe was but not quite as long)!  He didn't hesitate to let us know that he had arrived...my OB even asked if he came with volume control!  I could have cared less...I was just thrilled for a healthy baby boy!  He...re are some pictures of his first moments...

Our first meeting :)






Their First Meeting!









On our way home--October 19th, 2010

First Car Ride


We only stayed in the hospital for 2 days....I was more than ready to get home this time around. He has truly been a blessing to us. He has the sweetest demeanor and is so content. The last 2 weeks have been such a joy. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with him...here's hoping he stays just as sweet as the weeks go by! His Big Sister is so proud...she is a huge help and loves to dote on him! I can tell that she will be a little Mommy to him as he gets older! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. love the whole story. pics are precious! congrats again, jenkins clan!

    ReplyDelete