Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up: Candlelight Ball 2012

This past weekend, Blake and I headed up to Nashville for the 28th Annual APSU Candlelight Ball. 

Let's start with Friday though...
Chloe was out of school, so I stayed home with her in the morning for a few hours until Birdie could pick her up.  
What do 2 hungry girls do?
We headed to Cracker Barrel of course.  Yum!


She's really into peace signs right now...can you tell?


Saturday was the day!  I look forward to Candlelight Ball all year long.  This is our 3rd year attending PLUS I was on the committee (which was so much fun)!  We all worked hard to make everything come together.  We planned to head up early this year to take advantage of some adult time....but, not before me and my girl ran a few errands Saturday morning and made a Starbucks stop!


Having Green Tea for the 1st time!
I don't think she loved it as much as I do!

The Event was held at the Downtown Hilton.
We checked in early, ate some snacks with friends (and enjoyed an adult beverage or 2), got ready, and headed downstairs for the Cocktail hour.

The Bestie & I 
The Gov joined in on the festivities this year! 
Good times! 
The hubby & I 
Mary, Me, & Haven  
The entire Candlelight Ball Committee.
Great job ladies!

After we had our fill of fun, we changed and headed downtown to dance the night away! 
We went to our all time favorite bar, "The Big Bang," and stayed until the wee hours of the morning...ughhhhh, didn't factor in daylight savings time.  I needed that extra hour of sleep on Sunday! :(
I did, however, make my pit stop at the hot dog vendor on the way back to the hotel!  
Thank goodness for small miracles!



While we were enjoying our weekend, Don and Sandy headed to the lake with the kiddos!  
Here are a few pictures we received on Saturday:

Chloe wrote "Love The Lake House" 
Don & Sandy said Carter wasn't too keen on the grass so he hung out on the driveway all day! 
Chloe helped pick up "gumballs"...she loves a task!

Glad the kids had something fun to do!  It was such a beautiful weekend to be outside!

Hope you had a great weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. you're so cute and I just love your pictures!!!!

    :)

    I babysat for a couple going to the Candlelight Ball too!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelsey! We had an amazing time! :)

    ReplyDelete