Monday, June 18, 2012

Always playing catch up...

I feel like all I say these days is how I'm always playing catch up...
Well, its true!
I guess that is life with 2 kids!

Last weekend, we had our Lake Weekend 2012.
Starting Friday, a total of 16 friends enjoyed the sun and some adult beverages!
I look forward to this trip every year, and I am so thankful for the friends that make it a point to join us every year!
Looking forward to our gathering in 2013 already!

{the amazing sunset on Friday night! So pretty, right?}

{the 2 Britts: Brittnye & Brittany}

{pretty relaxing stuff}

{this was the sweet face we got to come home to...she wanted her nails painted different colors!}

********
While we were away at the lake, Birdie took the kids to the pool twice!
My kids are fish and love to be in the water...so they had a fun time...needless to say!




********
With all the activities Chloe has had this summer, she has been joining me at work {a lot}!
Here she is coloring...her very favorite activity!


********
This past weekend, Blake & I took Friday off with no exact plans!
We decided to take Chloe to the lake for the afternoon because she was SO VERY SAD she didn't get to go with all the adults! 



{boat riding}

{she's ready} 


 It was a nice day...we got on the water at 11am, took a boat ride, ate a burger at Jolly's at the Marina, and did a bit of swimming!

********
Saturday morning, I got frisky and decided to make some blueberry pancakes.
They were yummy and a hit with the kids {and the husband}!


********
Saturday afternoon, Chloe went to Jack's party at Kid-N-Play which equaled 2 straight hours of running!
Carter napped during the party so I got to actually sit and enjoy some adult conversation with the other Moms!



That night, Don & Sandy took the kids to Nashville to do a bit of shopping and eat at the Aquarium restaurant...
Mommy & Daddy decided to quickly jump in the car and head to Hananoki {YUM}.
Afterwards, we went to see 'What to Expect When You are Expecting.' {pretty good...will be a great Red Box-er}
It was a great night...relaxing!  We were home by 8:40 {which was even better for my tired mind}.


{Chloe with her new shark friend at the Aquarium Restaurant}

********
Tomorrow we will honor our very favorite Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment