Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Milestones

Last Thursday was the start of my sweet girl's 2nd grade year.
My first thought is...how did she get so big so fast.  I feel like 2nd grade is OLD.  Before I know it...I'm going to blink and she is going to be a sassy teenager.  I guess maybe the fact that I'm turning 30 in less than 2 weeks is making me a bit nostalgic too.  Either way, she is growing up way too fast.  Sometimes I find it hard to believe that God gave us these two sweet children to mold into adults (Lord help us!!) :)

Chloe on the 1st day of 2nd Grade

This year at Clarksville Academy, she has Mrs. Williams.  I'm thrilled with her teacher this year because she has over 30 years in the school system so I know she is seasoned and knows what she is doing.  I feel like this is going to be a pivotal year for her with reading and I'm looking forward to having good guidance on how to best help Chloe progress!  So far, the year is off to a great start.  I love that Chloe is still so excited about school, learning, and making friends.  So thankful she is a sweet, outgoing little person. 

Thursday was a 1/2 day; Our tradition has been to eat lunch and go see a movie...this year was no different.  We met my Sis-In-Law and my Niece for lunch at Olive Garden and then we headed to see the movie Planes.  It was cute and we got to spend some good one-on-one time with Chloe!
{the girls wanted to show off their new backpacks}

I would hate to give an update on Chloe without giving one on the boy.  Carter is still a very vivacious 2 1/2 year old that never slows down.  He is so sweet and has eyes that will just melt you but he is ALL BOY!!  Much different than my sweet natured first child.
I LOVE this photo. Our babysitter, Kaylee, took this last Friday while babysitting the kids.  You can see the pure joy in his face!  That is Carter!!  She said right before this that he was in tears, but Chloe threw a pillow at him and he instantly calmed down (nothing like redirection)!!

Both kids have been very interested in 'playing golf.'  So we give them a ball and a club and let them go at it...Chloe, at this point, is far better at hitting the actual ball than Carter, but either way, they both have fun with it!  The weather  has been so nice...glad we get to spend some time outside at night! 

Because my co-worker, Amanda, and I share an August birthday...Casey got us some yummy cupcakes from Nerdy Birdy.  They are gluten free and delicious!  We went with the Chai Vanilla Buttercream Cupcakes...they smell and taste like pumpkin pie.  YUM!  We have eaten on them for 2 days...have to say...I have looked forward to coming to work just so I can have a cupcake!

Finally, a candid shot of Carter and his crazy self.  He likes to wear sunglasses...but upside down, of course.  He thinks he is quite funny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment