Monday, April 18, 2011

Where have the last 6 months gone?

They have truly flown by.  I can't believe it...but, my sweet Carter Blake is already a 1/2 of a year old.  Blake and I were just talking about how we can't believe it or even remember a time when he wasn't here.  He has brought so much joy to our home.  I'm so thankful for him in so many ways, but the one that pops into mind first is that he gave me my 2nd chance at enjoying the 'baby stage.'  With Chloe, we were so young, scared, naive, scared...you get the picture.  We just focused on the daily things that had to be done not really enjoying the special moments.  I now have a real appreciation for sweet newborns.  He has been such a joy and is so sweet...I really hope that he stays this way! 


What is Carter doing now that he is 6 months:
*still sleeping through the night (pretty much...unless his pacy falls out or he jolts and wakes himself up)
*goes to sleep around 7:30pm and wakes around 5:00am
*eating a jar of fruit in the morning and a jar of veggies at night
*eating 5-6oz bottles a day & wearing size 4 diapers
*rolling from back to belly and from belly to back (yay)
*sitting very well when slightly assisted
*talking up a storm & smiling at EVERYTHING and EVERYONE--especially his Big Sister who he adores
*pretty close to moving up to a big boy car seat (the pumpkin chair is about out...with him in it, I feel like it weighs 50 lbs)
*getting really good at picking up and holding toys
*eating anything and everything that gets close to his mouth (including a live duck...that is another story all together)

Carter, we are looking forward to what the next 6 months hold!  We love you!  Mommy, Daddy, Big Sis Chloe



1 comment:

  1. wow, i think your little man is bigger than my girl! she still wears size 3 and hasn't reached 20 lbs. love the pic of carter and blake with their mouths hanging open, lol! priceless! i'm so glad you've been able to enjoy him! nothing sweeter. :)

    ReplyDelete