Monday, April 1, 2013

An Amazing Easter Weekend

There really isn't any other way to describe this weekend except--Amazing.  It's been a long time since I have felt like we have been able to have good quality family time...but thankfully, on Easter, we were able to accomplish it! 

On Friday, we had dinner with our favorite family, the Reigle's!!  
We ate dinner and just hung out.  The kids ran wild...but that is what kids do!

Saturday, we headed to the Park with the Bowles' family...it was kind of dreary, but the kids had a great time. Afterwards, we ran home, ate some pizza with the Reigle's, and then headed on to Grace Community  Church's Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt.  Sadly, it was pouring rain so they had to move the event inside...it was a bit of a tight squeeze for all those kids and 6,000 eggs, but we all made the best of it!  Chloe successfully captured 4 eggs!  Carter...he wasn't so lucky!

{The best I could get at the Glow in the Dark Hunt}

 
{Chloe was all smiles...Carter was happy waving from far away!}

Saturday night, the Easter bunny visited the Jenkins house!  I was so excited for the kids to see their treats!  Chloe left this note for the Easter Bunny...she said "I will mess you, but thank-you!"  She has such a sweet and sensitive soul!

Easter Sunday, we got up bright and early so the kids could check out their treats!  I had to work the door for the 9:00 service at Church, so we headed out early for service!  Afterwards, we had lunch with Jenks, KK & Chandler...we quickly fell into a food coma!  A large nap {well, for Carter & I} happened not too long after we ate!  For dinner, we headed to my Mom's house for another yummy {and large} meal!


My 2 precious angels...
I love them more than words can express!  Grateful & extremely lucky to be their Momma!

Brotherly & Sisterly Love!



{we missed you Grandy}

I know he is mine...but I truly feel blessed to be this boy's Momma.  He is so incredibly  sweet...and rotten...but I wouldn't change him a bit.  I could just eat him up...especially with his little bow tie on!

The sun finally decided to peak its head out late in the afternoon.  I stuffed 75 eggs...so we decided to go ahead with the Easter egg hunt for the kids.  I'm so thankful that we did!  Carter didn't quite grasp the concept in the beginning, but he quickly learned what he needed to do after shadowing Chloe for a minute or 2!

I have to say, this was one of the best weekends we have had as a family in a long time...I'm so thankful for my little family!  I'm so thankful for Blake and my 2 precious babies!  I couldn't be more blessed!!  


Happy Easter!

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment