Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm Back! Happy 2009!

Well, it has been a long time since I have posted (an actual REAL post). I have lots to update. I will try to keep it short and sweet :) We had a fabulous Christmas! I will say that I am happy it is done...I don't want to be a Grinch, but Christmas is just getting to be TOO much! It is hard to do so much in 2 days! But, besides the fact that I stress myself out (for no apparent reason)....this Holiday season was great. Chloe is at such a fun age. I love that Santa Claus is so magical to her. I don't think she grasped the full concept this year, but she is close. She knows that Santa brought her presents. She still talks about that. She also knows that we left Santa cookies on Christmas Eve and magically they were gone on Christmas Day (thanks to our wonderful dog Riley!)!


On Christmas Eve, we ate at Hanonoki with the Jenkins Clan and then opened all of our presents that night. That is our yearly tradition when everyone is in town! It was great. I always love Hananoki (Holidays or not :)) and Don and Sandy always go above and beyond for us! We got lots of fun treats! Chloe's big present was her own little table and 4 chairs. We have retired the high chair, and she now eats at her "Big Girl Table."


Christmas Morning was very, very busy! My Mom came over right after we did "Santa" and made french toast! It was so good. I had volunteered to cook, but that would have turned out disastrous so my Mom took the reigns on that one. After that, we headed back over to Don and Sandy's for an early lunch. Yum. Sandy had a little trick up her sleeve too...she had prepared a fun Dirty Santa game for us to play! That night, we had our Christmas Tradition with my Dad. Every year, for as long as I can remember, my Dad has cooked Lamb. Sounds strange to some, but Blake and I look forward to it every year! Well, this year did not disappoint. My Dad came over and cooked a humongous feast for us. It was so good. We ended the night with some ice cream and a great movie (The Traitor)! All in all, Christmas 2008 was one to remember!

Enjoy the Pics!

1 comment: