Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Always playing catch up!

We had quite an eventful weekend at the Jenkins House.  Starting with Blake coming home on Friday night!  Everyone was so excited that Daddy was home!  Blake was in D.C. last week attending NADA Dealer Academy.  He graduates in July {and I can't wait}...it's tough being the only one at home for an entire week!  But, we survived {sickness and all}!  As soon as Daddy got home, we jumped in the car and headed to get ice cream...we also made a pit stop to pick up some movies {50/50 & Columbiana}!



Saturday, I got up bright and early so I could have some ME time!  Much needed.  I headed to the gym for the first time in a long time and did 3 miles on the treadmill...not too shabby since I haven't ran in quite some time!  That night, Grandy & Jenks kept the kids for us so we could go and eat at Blackhorse with some friends.  Afterwards, we headed to a movie with Haven & Jeremy.  We saw Man on a Ledge...it was pretty good!  I would definitely recommend it!

Since we needed to get the kids early for Church on Sunday, we decided to get up extra early so we could make a pit stop at Cracker Barrel before Church.  It is Chloe's absolute favorite place to eat {besides Olive Garden}!  We headed on to Church after that and then home for a much needed Winter's Day Nap!






Chloe has been asking to help peel potatoes ever since she had the opportunity to do it with Grandy a few weeks back.  Last night, she finally got her chance!  As soon as I got in from my meeting, she was ready to peel!  Afterwards, she helped me count out 100 buttons to hot glue to her shirt for school on Friday.  Clarksville Academy will be celebrating their 100th day of school with lots of fun activities!  All the kids have to wear shirts with 100 things on them!  We chose buttons because I thought it would be the easiest and 'cleanest' things to hot glue!  I think it turned out pretty cute! 



Here are a few other pictures from the past week:

A great deal on 2 pairs of shoes for Chloe--2 pairs for only $9--gotta love Target Clearance!
These probably won't fit her until next Fall, but it was too good of a deal to pass up!


On our way home last Wednesday, Chloe suggested ice cream!  Okay, I'm not one to argue when it comes to that!  I thoroughly enjoyed mine!


A few shots of the kids loving on each other and playing around in our rec room 
{which we never use...weird, huh?}

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment