Saturday, January 14, 2012

TAG! You're next!

I've been tagged by Amanda from The Brandon and Amanda Story in a blog game!


{The Rules}

1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post
5. Let them know you've tagged them!

{11 facts about Fran}

1. I'm sure everyone knows this one...but in case you don't...I'm married to Blake.  Seriously, the love of my life.  We have been together since we were 15 {sophomores in high school}...and we are both 28...you do the math!  That's a long time!  We were technically married by common law before we actually made it official in 2005....we just didn't live together at that time! 



2. I love everything about being a Mom...it's the toughest job I have ever had...and will ever have.  {Chloe, 5 & Carter 15 months}  In case you are wondering...we are most definitely done at 2.  I admire anyone that can handle more than 2 kids...I only have 2 hands ya know!


3. I'm an only child.  I like to think that I one of the "normal" only children out there...you know...most people have their stereotypes!


4. I work for our family business...Jenkins and Wynne.  We sell Ford*Lincoln*Honda.  Been in business for over 50 years.  But, I graduated from Austin Peay State University with a degree in Finance.  It's funny how you end up doing something completely different than you ever pictured.  I just celebrated 7 years at J&W last Thursday!  Time flies!  My husband and sister-in-law, Casey, will be 3rd generation dealers one day!




5. On the work note, I also do some of the monthly commercials for J&W.  Again, something I never thought I would be doing!


6. A funny fact about Blake & I's first date {again, we were 15}.  His parents took us ice skating in Nashville...it was December 23rd, 2008.  I had never ice skated before and of course, Blake was great at it!  Well, towards the end of the night, I decided to finally venture from the wall.  Blake skated around rather quickly and came up behind me...startled me...and the rest is history.  My head was the first thing to hit the ice. What a memorable start :)  I attribute my migraines from that little spill....but I don't every remind Blake of that :)  {just kidding}

7. I am semi obsessed with having my kids pictures taken.  I think the reason is because my parents didn't have my picture taken often as a child so I'm not 100% sure what I even looked like as a baby.  In Chloe's 1st year, I had her picture taken 6 times professionally.  Carter had his done 5 times!  I know...I'm nuts.  But, I know when I'm older and look back it will totally be worth the investment!
Carter 6 months


Chloe newborn

8. I'm an over achiever...I attribute that to my Dad.  He always pushed me to go a little bit further than I wanted too...for that I'm grateful!  But, that doesn't translate well when trying to teach your 5 year old new things...especially now that she is in school.  But, every day is a new day to learn for both of us!  Me patience & her reading and writing :)  



9. This sweet faced girl made me an Aunt!  Love her and I love that I get to watch her grow.  I never lived near extended family so I feel so lucky that both sets of grandparents live near along with our favorite Aunt, KK!


10. Blake and I were Prom King & Queen...funny, huh?  It really was a perfect way to end our Senior Year.  It's a memory I will always cherish!


11. Finally, I love my Family.  Every day brings new adventures and trials, but we always make it through!  Here's to living and learning...together!



{Answering Amanda's questions}


1. Your favorite DIY project you have done? And if you haven't done one, which one is on your to do list?  Well, I'm not huge into DIY even though I want to be.  If I could do any DIY right now, I would want to learn to make infinity scarves from an old t-shirt...how resourceful!


2. What's your favorite ap?  Pandora...hands down!  Fav stations are Today's Hits and Summer hits of the 90s.


3. When you log onto the internet, where is the first place you go?  AOL.COM

4. What's your favorite thing about the blogging world?  Getting to document my kids lives so we can look back one day and remember those small details we would probably otherwise forget!...Oh, and blog stalking because I'm really great at that!

5. Favorite vacation spot?  I love the beach, but my favorite place I have been with kids has to be Hershey, PA.  If you have children this is a place you MUST take them! It's amazing!

6. Your favorite thing to cook? Will you share the recipe? I'm no Betty Crocker but my favorite thing to cook is Salsa Chicken in the Crock Pot..it's always good and extremely easy!

7. When was the last time you did a 'good deed' and what was it?  Oh man...last think I can think of is donating to the GoodWill...I obviously need to do more good deeds.

8. What's the best book you have read?  Water for Elephants by Sara Grue...READ IT 
9. What's your go to bible verse? Psalm 118:24  Today is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

10. What's the last thing you purchased?  A red box movie last night Our Idiot Brother...its pretty funny!

11. Who is your favorite Disney Princess? Ariel from the Little Mermaid.  Still waiting for it to come out of the vault so I can buy it for Chloe {well, me}.

{TAG-You're it!}



{My questions for you!}

1. Favorite Blog you follow?
2. Favorite Pandora radio station?
3. Last thing you ate?
4. Last thing you bought?
5. Favorite date spot?
6. Pets?  Do you have any?  If so, what are they?
7. Favorite book you have read?
8. Favorite kid friendly apps {if this applies} or favorite app in general?
9. Who is your favorite actor / actress?  Why?
10. Favorite baby names? boy & girl...
11. Favorite Sunday afternoon activity?


I hope you participate...let me know if you do!

1 comment:

  1. I participated!! Thanks Fran :) http://eckersons.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete