Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: Part 2

On Sunday, I got up bright & early and headed to LP Field for The Color Run!
Every heard of it? Well, its #thehappiest5kontheplanet....and I now see why!
Amanda & I have been looking forward to running this race for months now...we were ready with our tutus and our white from head to toe!  

{here was the route--ended up being 2.7 miles I think}

Amanda & I {BEFORE}
Nice, Clean, & White! 

The Start Line-were were in the 1st coral / the color went through to my undershirt & left me a little message / during the run Amanda snapped this picture of the "orange" color station!!
....and DONE!




It really was SO fun!  Would I do it again? Not sure...but, I can 'officially' say "I'm a Color Runner!!!"

Later that day, I took the kids to the Pumpkin Patch!
I didn't realize how hot it was on Sunday until we were out in the blazing sun with NO shade, but the kids had a great time!  Carter is currently obsessed with the color orange & pumpkins!  I guess that's a good thing since his birthday falls in October!  The kids got to visit with their buddies, feed the animals, pick out a pumpkin, and ride a pony!  It was the perfect way to spend the afternoon!

{Chloe's face is priceless in this picture!!}





 
{this sweet face melts my heart}

Finally, on Sunday night we celebrated Carter's birthday with Grandy & Jenks!
Because we did a "no gift" birthday, they wanted to let Carter open his presents at their house!
He is just over the moon with what they got him--a yellow Mustang Cobra & an orange F150 Raptor...he loves them so much that they have been sleeping in the bed with him & riding in the car with him every day to daycare!  Thanks Grandy & Jenks!
----------------------
Chloe's teacher, Mrs. Kemmer, sent me this picture of Chloe this morning...
she LOVES to organize!  Here desk at school is no exception!
{organized by color!!}

I decided to run by myself yesterday...don't ask me why!
With that being said, it turned out to be my personal best run EVER!
I was proud...Fairway Drive is quite hilly...and I'm feeling it today!
3 miles in 30 min 10 sec {I'll take it}





No comments:

Post a Comment