Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A chapter is closing....

On the Eve of my oldest heading to Kindergarten, I've really been thinking about time.  How fast it goes by.  How I just blinked and my baby girl went from this~
to this~
I surprised her with a super sparkly lunch box today with Hello Kitty charms!  She was excited!

Really, I'm just sitting her dumbfounded at how fast the last 4 1/2 years have gone.  I feel as though I have just brought her home from the hospital, and I was in the trenches with a newborn baby.  Just like we got through that chapter, we will get through this one.  Except this one is different...she is excited to move on to this phase of her life.  I could tell when she so eagerly tried on her back pack and proudly zipped her own rain coat tonight...I wanted to ensure she could do it on her own.  I knew she could...but, again, there is a part of me that wants to keep her small forever.  Keep her small so she will need me for those things.  But, I'm quickly realizing...she doesn't need my help as much as she use to.  Now, instead of zipping up her coat, she is going to ask me to help with homework.  I feel like I was just in school.  The common theme here...where has the time gone?  
She tested out zipping up her rain coat & wearing her backpack!

On the night before Chloe heads to school...I'm gathering her things and wondering how it will all go.  All I can do is pray that we have taught her well up until this point.  I know she is going to flourish.  She is a superstar and has such a little sassy personality!  She is going to be just fine (I am going to keep repeating this until I convince myself that it is true).  Wish her luck!  Tomorrow is the first day of the next 19 years of school for our sweet baby girl!
Walking up to bed & getting sprinkled with her "Gitter Glitter" (Thanks Mrs. King!!)

We love you Chloe & are so VERY PROUD OF YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment