Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lots of Happenings

Last night we finally celebrated Jenks' Birthday.  It is always so hard to find a time for us all to get together!!  We ate dinner of at Casey and Scott's house, enjoyed yummy taco bake (Italian style :)), and let the kids play!  It was fun.  I always enjoy watching the kids interact...especially since Carter can get around now and make his presence known!
Pic 1-Jenks listening to the obnoxious card my dear husband got him
Pic 2-a blurry Chloe handing Jenks his presents from us
A golfer in the making?  That would make Daddy & Jenks proud!

This past weekend, I also got to visit with one of my oldest friends, Whitney.  She just had her first baby a few short weeks ago.  Grace is about the sweetest baby ever.  She was so tiny and calm--2 things I don't remember Carter being :)  It was so nice to catch up with her and Brittnye...having friends that are Mommies is so nice because we can get good advice from each other.  I also love that we all have kids that are close in age!
Me &  Carter, Whitney & Grace, Brittnye & Austin
Sweet Grace
I forget what it is like to hold such a sweet and delicate little baby...long gone are the days of Carter being this small!  
Aunt Brittnye loving on sweet Austin...Carter is trying to get in on the action!

As you know, Carter is into everything!  Today, he attempted to climb into his 'pumpkin' chair.  It was out because that has been where he has been sleeping lately.  I'm not sure what is going on with him...he is such a good sleeper.  The last few nights have been tough.  I really love him (and Chloe for that matter) being on a schedule, but I also love holding him in the middle of the night and bringing him to our bed because I know the days of that happening are quickly coming to an end.  Blake always asks me why I give in to him when he cries...its simple...he is my last baby and I want to enjoy those moments before they are gone for good.
I'm going to have a very hard time getting on to this boy with this sweet face!

No comments:

Post a Comment