Friday, April 27, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday & Recipe


1.  When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is, snooze, snooze, and snooze...and when I finally drag myself out of bed, I race to get showered and then race to get both kiddos ready for school (dressed, beds made, breakfast, lunches made, etc)!  Mornings are crazy around our house!

2.   I can hardly wait for   all the fun things we have planned this summer-Chloe's dance recital, annual lake trip with friends, St. Louis with the Bestie, Lake Tahoe, D.C.!  Can't wait!

3.  The quickest way to my heart is    any kind of chocolate     because   I'm a female...enough said!

4. A little known fact about me is that    I fell directly on the back of my head ice skating with Blake on our first date...we were in the 10th grade!  Had the cut been about 1 mm deeper, I would have needed to shave a spot on my head and had it stapled...ahhh!  It was my first and only experience getting a CAT scan...scary! To this day, I won't ice skate or even roller skate for that matter. Too risky!  I attribute that accident to my migraine problem now!

5. The best part about my job is    I get to work with the 2 most fabulous God fearing women I know...they not only are fun to be around 8 hours out of the day, but have helped me to navigate my Faith Walk and I couldn't be more blessed to call them my co-workers and friends!

6. Something I just couldn't live without is    black eye liner, MAC blush and my newest addiction--my iPhone 4s (its my life line, camera, etc).

7.  Something useful that I wish I knew how to do is   be crafty.  I have so many friends that can whip up a toddler dress, door wreath, hair bow, etc.  I could save us so much money if I could figure out how to hot glue gun some stuff!

Don't forget to link up with Lauren over at "the little things we do"

***********************

Tried a new recipe last night....
It was good. 
I will make it again, 
but, I won't make it in the crockpot.
This is a pretty simple recipe that can be whipped up after 5pm when you get home!

Here it is:
Crockpot (or not) Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Source: Half My Size

Ingredients:
16 oz. dry spaghetti, cooked
1 lb. Velveeta Light cheese
12.5 oz. can chicken breast, drained and flaked
10 3/4 oz. can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
10 3/4 oz. can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
4 oz. can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1/2 cup water
1 small onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
salt & pepper, to taste


Steps:
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir to mix well.
Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours. Stir again just before serving.
Nutrition Information:
286 cal., 5.7 g. fat, 2.7 g. fiber


Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment