Friday, February 10, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday

It's Friday!  Yeah!
I'm Linkin' up with Lauren:



1.  I started my blog because   I wanted to share all the happenings of Our Journey...we don't live near our extended family (and don't get to see our immediate family every day) so I wanted to keep them in the loop.  Sometimes we forget to mention those small silly things that are so funny!

2.   One thing I love seeing on other blogs   is real stories of other people...especially others with young kids; it makes me feel normal seeing other Moms running crazy just like me :)  It's the new way to people watch :).

3.  Something I love about blogging   is getting to look back (all the way back to '08 actually) and see where we were and how far we have come..how fast the kids have grown..how much has changed!

4. A favorite blog post of mine is probably  Carter's birth story post.  I love being able to look back and remember every detail from that day.  It was perfection...such a joyous time!  On October 17th, 2010, our family went from 3 to 4 and was finally complete!

5. Something my friends in real life know about me that I've never before mentioned on my blog is   that life isn't really perfect...because the reality is, it's not!  I think its so funny when people say "I hate it when people don't post about real life"....well, I choose to keep my blog a positive place.  I use it to document all of our memories with the kids.  It's my digital scrapbook, and when I look back in 50 years, I don't want to remember that stupid fight or that time the kids made me mad, I want to remember that fun memory of us playing in the sprinkler!

6.  My new favorite blogs to read are  Love the One Your With; The Reigle Review; A Final Try at This Thing Called Pregnancy; Our First Pancake (most of the newest blogs I'm reading are actual people I know...which is fun).  I also really love reading Life to her Years (its really a blog for Daddy's, but it has fun, sweet tips that apply to parents in general)!

7.  Some things I tend to avoid doing on my blog are  being negative and, again, sharing those memories that I don't want to look back and remember (maybe that seems silly, but this blog, for me, is about being positive)!

Don't forget to Link Up!

******************************

Last night was another typical night.  
Nothing too crazy was going on, but, I got to looking around....and I noticed how disastrous my kitchen looked.  Funny thing, it looks like this every night:


 After the kids go to bed, I get to work.  I feel like I spend my life cleaning my kitchen.  That is the room we LIVE in.  We eat there, do homework there, watch T.V. there, play there.  It's our LIFE room!  I just thought it would be fun to show a before and after...because, truly, this is how it looks BEFORE and AFTER every-single-day!


Another funny happening last night...

Chloe & Carter were taking their bath together in my big Jacuzzi tub.  I thought it would be fun for them to play since that tub is SO big!  Well, a few minutes in, Chloe starts screaming that Carter had POOPED!  Yuck!  Any Mom can attest to this...it happens...it's never fun, but it happens.  I quickly grabbed Chloe out and put her in the shower.  I scooped Carter up and put his big bottom in the kitchen sink (he doesn't fit well in there anymore).  So, at the end of the day, both kids were clean...but the tub...that's another story!

{he looks just like Blake here...}

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute picture! I enjoyed reading your fill in the blanks. I'm a new follower. Stopping by from The Little Things We Do Link Up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay. thanks lauren! i'll check out your blog today too! i love getting to meet new people through the blog world :)

    ReplyDelete