Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

We had a jammed packed weekend...are there any other kind?

Friday night, on a whim, Blake and I decided to head to Nashville to do a bit of shopping.  It's been a while since we have done anything by ourselves...it was nice to have a date night.  After hitting the mall, we headed to Cantina Laredo to eat dinner...mole enchiladas and guacamole...YUM!  Afterwards, we hit up our favorite Nashville hot spot, The Big Bang!  It's a dueling piano bar and is SO incredibly fun.  I love an adult night out!


My favorite purchase in a LONG time.  They look so cute on his fat little feet!


Enjoying my Pomegranate Martini @ Cantina Laredo


Mole Enchiladas & the Best Table Side Guacamole you will EVER eat! 


My date for the evening!


Photo Op {FAIL} at The Big Bang.
Even with the ability to see ourselves on the iPhone...we were still not able to take a good picture!

Saturday was low key; we put up our Christmas tree (a tad early, I know).  It feels so good to have it up though...now we get enjoy it for a full 1 1/2 months.  Its a ton of work putting those babies up...I want to enjoy them!  That night, we headed to Birdie and Sams to eat our first round of Thanksgiving meals!  Ham, potatoes, stuffing...the works!  It was a nice way to end the afternoon!


My Little Elf helping with the Tree Decor


The finished product.  
I watched 5 million tutorials on how to make a bow for the top of the tree...I was pretty pleased with the outcome considering I'm not super crafty at all.

This is our 'Santa' tree.  This is where we congregate on Christmas morning.  We also have a tree downstairs in our kitchen / sitting area, but it is more for looking pretty with an all gold theme!

Sunday was spent lounging around and finishing up some Christmas decorating!  Carter had another mini session with Courtney to snap a few more 1 year old pictures!  I can't wait to see what she got!  He was in such a happy mood, which is his norm!


Blake said that Carter looked like a little golfer with his sweater vest...I couldn't agree more!

This weekend was great--relaxing but so productive!

Had to throw in this picture of Chloe..we painted her nails sparkly tonight thanks to the borrowed polish from Amanda!

Speaking of polish, I bought a set of Essie minis from Walgreens...I was so excited to use it; I went home and immediately painted my nails.  Meet my 'new' love--Cranberry!

I think it's a great fall color...it will be worn often!

Finally, for dinner tonight, I made the yummiest recipe.  Chloe even approved!

Cowboy Chicken:

In crockpot, place 3-4 chicken breasts,
1 8oz block of cream cheese, 
1 can of corn (partially drained), 
2 cans of black beans (drained),
1 jar of salsa (I used Picante Sauce)

Let cook ALL day on low
Enjoy over Scoops!
Yum!



Had to get proof that she ate it!  This kid doesn't eat much so it's a HUGE compliment when she says something is good!

Looking forward to a fun filled Holiday week!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post! I wish I could already have my christmas things up instead I still have all my thanksgiving ones up....Ps I would love to have one of those martinis...

    ReplyDelete